Can God help you not get offended when you encounter problematic people?

I used to get offended all the time by one of my friends

And today I hung out with her and she seemed less irritating than she did on previous days

I think my tolerance level had increased so I was less annoyed with her than I was before

Favorite Answer

Yes.  Usually, when you have a problematic relationship, God doesn't change the other person, He changes you.  He changes the things in you that cause you to not be able to relate to other people.  He also changes other people so they can better relate to you, not for your benefit, but for theirs. 

Congratulations. The best thing we can do when that type of situation arises is consider why the other person is acting that way and have pity on them, not become offended.

Why do you get offended? Only Satan's narcissists get offended. Accept the insult and smile. Throw rosemary at them and eat rosemary carefully each day and fast. Don't let the Dragon drag you down. You know the TRUTH.

Since no gods exist, no

• Hal

Yes, and one aid we can get is to pray the prayer Christ gave us to pray each day, as given in Matthew chapter 6, which includes this kind of aid, that we not fall into temptation and that we be delivered from evil.

no gods exist. grow up!

you sound like you're mentally ill!

Yeah he really can help you with that. With God all things are possible. He helps you to be more forgiving as well which I think helps you to also be more tolerant of people. I mean every person who gives their life to God will be tranfomed into His Son Jesus more and more each day if they are obedient to the Holy Spirit of God that's transforming them. You should notice a difference in your tolerance seeing that you are now being made more like God you will also be longsuffering as He is. Which means what it says long suffering. It's a fruit of the Spirit that He is in you and working in you.

Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law

Ephesians 4

1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

• Lv 5

which god, stanley?  the one you can never prove is real?  that guy??

That's a tough one. Contact user, Reynaldo Weeks. He might know. He's a clinical psychologist.

Not exactly, but this is one of those cases when the placebo effect can actually benefit you just as much as God would if he was real.

no, god gave us free will, you can choose not to take offence.