Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 month ago

How would you punish a student for wearing a confederate hoodie to class?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd enslave him and make him work in the sugar cane fields until he died of exhaustion. And that's just for starters.

• Lauraine4 weeks agoReport

What if the same was done to you just because of something you wore that somebody else didn't like? 

• 3 weeks ago

I’m would take her s hat off and put it on self and I would get him another hat because that is the only hat he can afford they sale them cheap.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Punishing him harshly will just reinforce his beliefs and make you look like a typical flaming liberal. 

I wouldn't punish him because he would have to deal with other people giving him threats. I would ask him WHY he is wearing it. If nobody did I would explain to him that that is a controversial flag to a lot of people and find it a symbol of racism but on the flip side I would explain to other people that the confederate flag is also a symbol of southern pride that is misused to some degree. 

I would do the same thing if somebody wore a communist hoodie to class and people had the same reaction.

• 1 month ago

I would not. Freedom of speech. The exception is if ALL hoodies are not allowed / banned.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

seems like freedom of expression to me, so i'd not do so. I'd also not defend him from other students

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make him write an essay on how Sherman kicked the South's butt during his march to the sea.  Continue in the same vein each day.

• 1 month ago

Obviously no punishment as the student definitely needs to be in school and try to get at least minimally educated - but I fear it is too late

• 1 month ago

The entire school will start a cult.

• 1 month ago

the student is obviously seeking attention, don't pay attention to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.