What advice would you give your high school Junior year self?

My junior year was my worst year in school because I realized how much I hated high school. It wasn't due to the academics (though taking a few difficult classes wasn't helping), but rather the overall immaturity of high school students.

Looking back nearly 7 years ago to my junior year, I would tell my self not to take school too seriously. Relax and don't worry about your classes too much. That's not to say to just give up on school, but just don't worry about failing Do the best you can, but don't sweat it. Its not the end of the world; its only high school. You're going to forget about it as soon as you graduate.

To give context: In my junior year, I took honors English. I've never been great at English, at least the writing and analytical portion, and this class was very heavy on that. It wasn't too hard at first, but as the semester went on it started getting more difficult and the work started piling on. We had to write essays, read books, novels, articles, and excerpts and break them down and figure out the main ideas and points the authors were trying to convey. We had to identify writing styles, devices, etc. I was terrible at this so it made the class more difficult for me.

In addition to the pressure of school work, I had a sudden realization that a lot of high school students in general are immature. For some seemingly inexplicable reason, this bothered me a lot. I knew already from my previous 2 years in high school that the students act stupid but I never really gave it much thought. I think it was a culmination of those 2 things that made very stressed out in my junior year.

When it became apparent that I wasn't going to pass the second half of the class, I was devastated. Up until that point, I had never failed a class. I felt like a failure because it seemed that all of the hard work and stress that I had gone through in the class was all in vain. I suppose I could say that I wasn't emotionally mature enough (even though I wanted to think I was) at that point in my life to deal with these stress factors.

Stop taking life so seriously. Figure out what you want to do...not what other people EXPECT you do. College is not the end all and be all in existence these days. DO NOT START DRINKING. DO not do drugs. Do not fall in love. Do not get married if you do not want kids. If you do want kids...WAIT until you get to be 30 before you get married.

If you are staying put where you are...BUY A FIXER UPPER HOUSE NOW!!! And learn how to REBUILD and REPAIR IT...so you can either LIVE in it or RENT IT or FLIP IT.

Don't spend money on STUPID CRAP...like expensive cars...drive a BEATER and FIX IT. Find an INVESTMENT MANAGER with a FIDUCIARY LEVEL of confidence and start a RETIREMENT ACCOUNT...NOW!!! I am not kidding.

DO NOT LOAN PEOPLE MONEY. If you do...GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT SIGNED and NOTORIZED...and ONLY if you can afford TO LOSE IT ALL (you will).

DO NOT GAMBLE...what a huge waste of money this is.

Invest some $$$ in cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash....just a bit to start...LEARN ABOUT THEM.

DO NOT BUY DIAMONDS...they are worthless.

Love is all fine and dandy...but it COSTS MONEY... - GET A PRENUP if you get married.

DO NOT throw a "huge" useless wedding...ELOPE! (have a party later)

Quit hanging around with drug dealers, and yes that includes your employer. 

Ask out Stacey and Missy. They like you dumba55!

Once you are that far, school is worthless. Stay at home. That’s what I do

• Greg

Buy stock in Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft.