What advice would you give your high school Junior year self?

My junior year was my worst year in high school because I realized how much I hated high school. It wasn't due to the academics (though taking a few difficult classes wasn't helping), but rather the overall immaturity of high school students.

Looking back 6 years to my junior year, I would tell my self not to take high school too seriously. Relax and don't worry about your classes too much. That's not to say to just give up on school and fail classes, but just don't worry about failing. Its not the end of the world; its only high school. You're going to forget about it as soon as you graduate.

To give some back story: In my junior year, I took honors English. I've never been great at English (the writing and analytical part of it at least), and this class was very heavy on that. It wasn't too bad at first, but as the semester went on it started getting more difficult and the work started piling on. We had to write essays, read books, novels, articles, and excerpts and break them down and figure out the main ideas and points the authors were trying to convey. We had to identify writing styles, devices, etc. I was terrible at this, so it made the class more difficult

Having the pressure of doing that work plus the fact that a lot of high school students in general are immature started making me have a negative attitude towards high school. When it became apparent that I wasn't going to pass the second half of the class, it was devastating to me because up until that point, I had never failed a class. I felt like a failure because I felt that the hard work and stress that I had gone through in the class was in vain.

• Frank

Stop taking life so seriously. Figure out what you want to do...not what other people EXPECT you do. College is not the end all and be all in existence these days. DO NOT START DRINKING. DO not do drugs. Do not fall in love. Do not get married if you do not want kids. If you do want kids...WAIT until you get to be 30 before you get married.

If you are staying put where you are...BUY A FIXER UPPER HOUSE NOW!!! And learn how to REBUILD and REPAIR IT...so you can either LIVE in it or RENT IT or FLIP IT.

Don't spend money on STUPID CRAP...like expensive cars...drive a BEATER and FIX IT. Find an INVESTMENT MANAGER with a FIDUCIARY LEVEL of confidence and start a RETIREMENT ACCOUNT...NOW!!! I am not kidding.

DO NOT LOAN PEOPLE MONEY. If you do...GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT SIGNED and NOTORIZED...and ONLY if you can afford TO LOSE IT ALL (you will).

DO NOT GAMBLE...what a huge waste of money this is.

Invest some $$$ in cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash....just a bit to start...LEARN ABOUT THEM.

DO NOT BUY DIAMONDS...they are worthless.

Love is all fine and dandy...but it COSTS MONEY... - GET A PRENUP if you get married.

DO NOT throw a "huge" useless wedding...ELOPE! (have a party later)

Quit hanging around with drug dealers, and yes that includes your employer. 

Ask out Stacey and Missy. They like you dumba55!

• Gary

Once you are that far, school is worthless. Stay at home. That’s what I do

• Greg

Buy stock in Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft.