Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 week ago

Why are American female singers so sexualized? ?

DO NOT say sex sells, please! That is NOT the answer and things should NOT be like that even if they are! 

I mean, female singers and female extras in the songs and on the stage, are dressed SO INAPPROPRIATELY that they barely wear anything! Why is everyone okay with it? Most of the times, even the lyrics of their songs are very inappropriate! Why is it okay? Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Nikki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Katy Perry, J. Lo, and Madonna, ARE ALL LIKE THAT! WHY? Women should NOT be sexualized like that! They SHOULD BE RESPECTED! I feel like the American music industry exploits young girls and women! Talent and hard work SHOULD make you successful, rather than sexualizing yourself! What do you think? Do you agree with me?

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 days ago

Bc that is what the perverted music industry want!! Looks whos in charge rapist and perverts. Raping lil boys n taking advantage.

• 3 days ago

young cute sexy,big *^&*s,nice **s,birdies chirp,,birdy feathers,bright colors, = sex= me available ( in your dreams dummies) so they attract male and envious fee mail ticket holders to pay confiscatory admission prices,,u derp

• 3 days ago

You need to get into Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Madeleine Peyroux & a whole host of jazz & country traditionalist female singers who are promoting their craft above the call of the mighty dollar.

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

All primates di sexual displays. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 days ago

Because even though the DEMS and womens movement hate to admit it but,,,, SEX SELLS... Always Has and Always Will..

• 5 days ago

Bitchez be gangstas.  Bitchez want to be looked at and have $$$$$ thrown at them.  Simple as that.  They don't want guys who aren't throwin' $$$$$ at them to look.  But Imma look, right at that action.  Mmmm!

• 5 days ago

Welcome to corporate America. Marketing is everything. And sexuality is a big marketing tool. Like it or not. 

• atomic fireball
      Lv 6
      5 days agoReport

Stop being an infant. Those ARE the facts. If you ever decide to live in the real world, you’ll understand that. Fortnite is not the real world. 

• 6 days ago

Because the women aspire to be sex symbols and they enjoy the fact that their fans lust over them. You don't dress like that without wanting to be looked at.

Back in the 60s if a woman was talented, she didn't have to be super sexy to sell records. A lot of musicians before MTV weren't even that good looking, but they had talent, and that's what people bought their albums for.

Talent has taken a back seat to sex appeal these days. People are more visually and emotionally driven these days, and musicianship matters very little. 

• 6 days ago

It is the ratchet culture my friend 

• 6 days ago

They do not frighten me: the average fan likes sexy women AND men.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.