I accidentally bumped into a park car with someone and their kids in it how do I get over it?

Recently I am a newly licensed driver,and I have really just not started driving up until a month But anway one day I went thru the Burger King drive thru to get my nephew,who I was babysitting that day something to eat,The people informed us that our order will take awhile and told someone will bring it out to us.While I was pulling up to the front,I've noticed the parking lot fairly full and the only open space was between 2 park cars.As I was attempting to pull in I  I went to far in ended up bumping into this park car with the driver sitting there.She immediately got out her car in started to repeatedly started yelling and cussing at me,asking me "what the **** is wrong me" and "How the **** could I mess that big *** parking space".I immediately jumped out the car in started apologizing,telling her how sorry I was.I told her I just not started driving and tried to tell her I could pay for the damages.But she just cut me off and walked away saying don't  ******* worry about I'm just worried about my kids.Embrassed and upset I pulled up to a free area of parking,that just opened up,in parked there in waited till our food came.I saw her get out the car with a bottle to give to her kids,in that made me feel like absolute ****.Even after they came In gave us our food,I just sat in the parking  lot in waited till she left to drive away.I feel horrible,about the fact I've may have scared her kids,and the way she was upset about it,and even cried about it.

Nobody was hurt; sounds as if neither car was damaged either. The kids might have been startled but there is no evidence that they were at all 'scared'.

Get a grip. You've learned a valuable lesson and got off lightly.Now let's work on your English.You bumped into a parkED car. You went TOO far. 'In' and 'and' are different words. She asked how you could MISS that big space.

• Edna

Oh, PLEASE!  You were so embarrassed and upset  because you bumped another car in a parking lot and the owner of that car yelled at you, that you sat there and cried? 

I'm sure the driver of the car you bumped didn't give a flip about your apologies and your explanation that you're a new driver. New driver or not -- if you can't put your car into a parking slot without bumping the car next to you, then maybe you shouldn't even be attempting to drive - much less park.

Mistakes are how we learn! People make mistakes all the time, that's why we have car insurance.

Don't beat yourself up over it, it could've been worse. 

Learn how long your car is by parking in front of a Brick Wall.  If you hit the wall, get out and apologize to the wall. Or the big tree.Your car suffers the damage. Your loss.

.This ain't BUMPER CARS where you are suppose to hit the other car. 

. View what you think is close, then get out of the car and walk to the front of the car and actually see what it is.  Not all cars are easy to determine that distance. Better to be farther away than Smashing into the other car...or over the cliff - then you really know you mucked up:as you DIE.  Have you learned nothing from Wile E Coyote chasing the Roadrunner cartoons?

I have been driving my new car for 11 years and STILL am not certain about the distance away from the wall. So I stop 2 feet away.  [My older car was a different style & make and I was able to figure to like an inch away.] (Which makes it easier to parallel park when I know where the front of the car actually is.)

The new driver excuse does not "cut it" when there is a possibility of injury. Next time you could be butting up against a Motorcyclist or a person in a wheel chair...or people just sitting having coffee.

Grow up. It is a fact it is your fault. How you got your D.L. is amazing.  The Parallel Parking alone should have messed you up.

Stop from letting it happen again by knowing your vehicle. When in doubt, park farther back...then get out and take a look to see if you can get closer & if you can, do so. It is NOT ALWAYS IMPORTANT as you have to compare the rear with other cars...if you drive a boat of a car then you may need to pull it more out of the way so it does not get smashed by other bad drivers.

COMPARE your sitting position TO THE VEHICLES BESIDE YOU. Sometimes that also helps and try to remember the amount of detail of the bricks. It is not magnifying glass close.  You will have to do this a few times, like 50...or 250...or120,000 times(I don't know if you are a fast learner or not.) 

If you drive a different vehicle, the learning process is new again because not all cars are created equal.  Always better to err with space than to smash into stuff.

Next time it could be parking in front of a barrel of gasoline.  You know very well, that the FIREBALL THAT HAPPENS is all your fault and you get fried.(you watch it on TV all the time.)

. Or the manure comes out of the truck into your convertible.

.  No car wash for miles.

I am being silly sarcastic. "LEARN from it" You ain't as good as you THINK YOU ARE.

I did not need your big story to know the whole thing.  The response still would be this wall of information....because I like to type. Did you get a Whopper? It is irrelevant info.   You have to use your better judgement as to where to park your vehicle. Sometimes it is a ways away. That is LIFE.

• Scott

Parked car (noun), not "park car" (verb). Get over it, s*** happens. Don't dwell on it.

Just move on and learn from it

A person with your emotional problems should not drive as you are endangering others' lives.

i dont think youre the one that should feel bad about it, i think she should

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Why should SHE feel bad?  - HE hit her car; not the other way around. His excuse that he's a "new driver" won't cut it. 

• Linda

You apologized and it is over with and let it go but next time be more careful.

• Jay

I am not reading that wall of text and that whole story is useless anyways. Simply stop being a coward and then you will get over it. You need to stop caring about how other people feel. That just isn't how we live life in the 21st century. It's all about greed and narcissism now.