I don't wanna believe in solipsism cause I want to believe the universe is real like I used to always think atheists and religious people?

Favorite Answer

That is a misconception.  Solipsism doesn't invalidate the reality of the universe.  It is typically misidentified as something it is not.  According to my Webster College Edition Dictionary, 'solipsism' is defined as the belief that, 'since all knowledge is self-knowledge, the self is the only thing that can be known'.  It does not imply, in any way that anything but the self, "does not exist".  

Not knowing or being aware of something doesn't suggest it has no existence, outside of ones' knowing or awareness.  That is an "astronomical leap" intellectuals often make out of their misinterpretation of the idea.  You can accept solipsism or not, it's just a concept among innumerable ones.  It has nothing to do with "simulated reality", or "you can't prove your existence".

• Nous

SOLIPSISM: The theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist. Or, extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption

From your post it suggests you are still very much still a solopist and therefore that you need professional counselling!

You do know it is not just a word but defines a psychiatric problem do you not?

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

It's not just you that's making this up, it's a collective.

Another atheist coprolite ensnared in inauthentic ideological manifestations. Simple minded namby pamby.

Then don't.

Either way, I am waiting patiently for you to post a question.

If you don't want be a solipsist, then you must become a realist.

Punctuation saves lived.

Let's eat, grandma

Let's eat grandma 😎

~

• Don't wake the Dreamer!

If you're really a solopsist, there's nothing you could say to change your mind... Er, I meant that WE could say! Whew, nice save, you.

Source(s): Also, I don't have to take the blame for how lame that joke was. That one's on you.