My ex broke up with me because I told him I had a sexual history with his best friend. Did I deserve to be dumped or was he right to dump me?

It does not matter if he was right or wrong to dump you, it was his decision to make. In the future you may find yourself in another relationship and you could make a decision to end it, or continue the relationship, whatever you feel like doing is ok, however your decision will affect others. That's life - that's love.

i dont think it was a reason to, but it was not something that should have been brought up

Evidently he valued his relationship with his friend more than he did you. And it sounded like he couldn't bear to be with someone his friend had sex with.

Source(s): me
  • Raja

You do not deserve to be dumped because you had a previous sexual history but if he prefers his gf to be a virgin then he has a right.

You told him information he did not need to hear. Either you wanted to hurt him or end your relationship. Even though it was the past, men & women should not to tell/talk about their past sex lives unless you desire fighting and having your sexual past thrown in your face during an arguement.

• Foofa

If he can't handle your past he was right to end it rather than let that fester in his mind. Surely you prefer the truth to having him try to hide this from you.

I'd be jealous. Period, not sure about the dumping.

He likely felt that, for comfort and general happiness, he had to choose between the two of you and he chose his best friend. This has nothing to do with "deserve" or "right/wrong". It's just a fact he wasn't going to be comfortable with going forward. He gets to make his own decisions for his life.

• Layne

First, I believe you are serious and if this is true then it is a very difficult issue.

I believe you're trolling, but if you're being serious and REALLY need to ask this question multiple times, you deserved to be dumped if you slept with his best friend WHILE you were seeing your ex, but otherwise you didn't.