Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 month ago

Low-grade fever over a month that keeps going up?

I am 19 years old and I keep having Low-grade fever already over 4 months. At first i kept having 37ºC but then it started going up slowly and now i keep having 37,4ºC. I've been to doctors, had blood tests done, they checked my throat, nasal sinusitis, lungs etc but they can't figure out what is wrong with me. I drank antibiotics such as Azimac, they also gave me immunity booster medicines but nothing has changed. 

I had tooth abscess before fevers which led to my left side of face being swollen but i went to dentist and drained it out, after that there has been no sign of infection or anything in my teeth (I checked them again) so i'm not sure if it could be related.

Also 2 years ago i had done nose job on bent nose bone to breath even, but now i keep having some kind of yellow mucus coming down my throat from behind of my nose (rarely bloody) which doesn't go away but doctors couldn't say why. 

Symptoms that i'm having are: 

Low-grade fever 

Tachycardia (started having it after fevers)

Time to time Muscle weakness

Dry throat at night

Yellow mucus in throat (coming from nose most likely)

I really don't know what to check or blame anymore, It would be really helpful if you could suggest me what to do. Thanks..

I've always had 36,6ºC as my normal temperature

So doctors told me that i probably have some infection but they can't say which or figure it out, they just keep sending me to do random examinations so i'm confused

okay okay okay okay

• Tavy

Your Doctors wasted money on a normal temperature? It would not happen in the UK. Every person has their own temperature which can vary throughout the day. 

You need a nasal spray , use at night.

UK

• Janna1 month agoReport

Well i don't live in UK and i can't say that my place has great doctors but they keep telling me that i probably have some kind of infection or flu. None of them has said to me that it would be considered a normal temperature so i really don't know what to believe

• Jason

That isn't even considered a low-grade fever. That is well within the normal daily variation in temperature. People vary by as much as a degree or more throughout the day. 

Source(s): Working on my master's in nursing

For many people that is just their normal tempetature. It is not normally considered fever.

37.4? What kind of a joke is that?

• kelvin

you have a huge case of hypochondria

• Linda

When our body is under stress from some underlying condition our body reacts this way. Right now they do not know what is causing this. I recommend seeing another doctor for another opinion but don't tell them what the previous doctors have said. Let them diagnose you based on their findings. Sometimes two doctors will say something completely different.