Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Am I really too fat? ?

My doctor says I should lose weight but my mom says I look fine. I'm a 15 year old girl and 5'4" tall. At my appointment I weighed 208 lbs. My weight might look high but my mom says it's only because I'm curvy, and really strong (I did gymnastics until last spring when I broke my arm)

He also measured around my belly button. It's 38 inches. He said that its way to big. I know Im a little chubby but only at my belly, so I don't think its fair because he didn't measure anywhere else. My arms and legs are normal. And I ate alot that day at lunch too so the real measurement is probably way smaller. But, I think it probably is a little too big. It keeps getting bigger since I stopped gymnastics and I have to get new clothes alot.

He wanted me to have an appointment with a nutritionist but my mom won't schedule it because she says I'm fine. I  don't know who is right. 

Gymnastics was 3 hours 4 times a week plus conditioning at home. You cant see muscles in my arms and legs any more. I gained 15 pounds the first 3 months after I quit, and 43 since then (5 months)

I eat healthy but more than I used too since I dont have class after dinner and I'm tired all the time. I want to exercise but I dont have energy and get out of breath so fast. What do I do?

My mom gets mad when I talk about losing weight or making the nutritionist appointment. How do I convince her?

Thanks everybody. Your answers (even the mean ones) keep me from giving up when I fight with my mom. She says I'm not allowed to diet cause she doesn't want me to have an eating disorder like she did. But I've gained like 60 pounds!! 🙄

I might talk to the school nurse even though it's embarrassing. I just don't know what else to do. I hate it.

PS: for people saying I should be 110 or 120. I was 150 and healthy when competing. And my doctor said he wants me down to 170, not 110 or 120.

The nurse was very concerned. First thing, she made me take a pregnancy test! 😳 But it was negative so then she showed me a website to track what I eat and I'm supposed to eat lunch with her now so we can talk about healthy food choices. Apparently I've been eating like 4000 calories a day. She wants to weigh me twice a week from now on, to make sure I lose weight. She and my guidance counselor will talk to my mom. 

I found out I have fatty liver disease, prediabetes, and high cholesterol. Here's my new question about that. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

Best Answer

I think curves are a beautiful look however i don't think it's just muscle because you mentioned that you have to keep getting new clothes. Putting on muscle mass takes time and you wouldn't have to always get new clothes especially us girls we're more likely to develop lean muscle mass unless there's too many calories being consumed and then there's a chance we could become bulky because there's unhealthy weight over the top of our muscles. But I do think the way your doctor said it was rude it should have been worded differently and not in such an unprofessional way. 

But i don't think it would hurt to see the nutritionist because you could learn alot of useful things about food and more in depth things about it. But i think going to the gym everyday or doing no some no jump cardio workouts at home would really help you alot because being active is a huge part of keeping your body healthy and in shape.

Don't get discouraged if you don't see the more noticeable part of it because you will feel the positive effects before you see the noticeable results. Doing moderate cardio everyday along with two to three HIIT sessions a week would be super helpful. Love yourself always no matter what and always workout because you love yourself and you wanna be happy and healthy try not to beat yourself up or end up hating your body. People take it to the extreme trying to lose weight when they get in that mindset of hating their bodies. Good luck, you can do it, and don't let that rude doctor get you down. EDIT: also just make sure to do HIIT atleast every OTHER day so that your muscles get some rest in between and so you hurt yourself.

• Emily Rose
      4 weeks agoReport

that into energy. That's why they call it junk food is because it has no nutritional value and realistically it does nothing for our bodies other than satisfy unhealthy food cravings. Sorry i just now saw this and i meant do hiit every other day so that you don't hurt yourself.

Diet care is very important for avoiding fatness and obesity when we prefer junk food on organic food then; it affects us very severely because processed food contains a tremendous amount of sugar and oil, which do not provide us with the minerals and vitamins our body want. Metabolic syndrome is one of the significant causes of weight increase and diabetes problems. Fatness is caused when you eat drink and do not work out or take exercise properly. One of the best ways to lose weight is only to control your diet. A controlling diet doesn’t mean to eat less or leave the food. It means that you eat healthily and eat at a limit. Do not make yourself addict to a junk or processed food. If you do that, then you will not be free to eat organic food because you’re addicted and have no freedom to eat organic and natural food.

Diet plays a very vital role in every part of the human body. Organic food is one best way to provide minerals and vitamins to the body without fatness. Avoiding meat and oily food in daily routine makes a person slim and smarter. Having beans and vegetables in daily provides the proper amount of minerals and vitamins to the body. Tea and coffee are also very best for having a smart and slim body; it also gives activeness to the brain.

Fat people do not run, walk, climb, or jump properly; that is the reason fat people do not participate in games and sports as compared to slim and smart persons. Exercise and gym work out are some of the best sources of losing weight. Getting up early in the morning and having a jog in a fresh sir also provides you with fitness and strength. For losing weight, people prefer supplements nowadays. Supplements include all the natural and organic food which have no side effects. People can use supplements in daily life for losing weight and getting smarter. Supplements solve digestive system problems. 

Intense Slim is one of the best supplements which helps the human body to avoid fatness and obesity. Vitamin B6, Caffeine, and many other natural organic ingredients are added in this supplement. Intense Slim is a much-recommended supplement for the fat people.

It's not about fat, all the thing matter is our health. One should be healthy and fit to live happily, and for that, you need to focus on your health. Goodluck!

yes you're fat tbh

No you are not too fat

Unless your mom has medical knowledge, your doctor ALWAYS knows best. You used to do sports, and eat a lot since you needed the calories for sports, and now you've stopped but still have the habit of eating a lot even though you don't need as much calories, so it's normal you'd put on some weight. 

In any case, if you're a bit chubby and have been putting on weight lately, it can't hurt to see a nutritionist and keep that in check.

get a bod pod testing. google this

You are above yhe healthy weight range for your height.

The most dangerous place to carry excess weight is at the belly.

Anything over 35 inches for a female increases risk for a wide range of health issues.

• Eva

Your mom is wrong. You are severely overweight and beyond curvy. The "real" measurement won't be much smaller. Your waist is at least 8" too large and you're at least 60 lbs overweight. Get a handle on it now or you'll fight it all your life.

• pluvial1 month agoReport

How can I get her to listen? I tried to eat less at dinner but she made me stay until I ate everything and we had a fight.

You should listen to your doctor.

You are overweight.

If you're 5'4", you should not weigh 208 lbs.

A healthy range for your height would be 125 to 150.