Small suitcase or bigger backpack?

Going on a 3 night/ 4 day vacation. Should I pack a suitcase or backpack? Im not sure if a suitcase is overpacking or if a backpack is not enough space.

Favorite Answer

Get everything together you plan to pack. Put it in a pile on your bed and see how much stuff there actually is. Then you can choose the smallest bag to pack it in, or decide to leave some stuff out if you want to carry a smaller bag.

I think suitcase would be best fit as it can provide you ample space to keep your stuff and clothes. Backpack doesn't have enough space and you will face trouble when dealing with the backpack stuff. 

its depend upon the items you have to set it in. if you are going on a long vacation then you must go with a bigger backpack and if there is a small trip then you can carry a suitcase box with you. Good quality of suitcase box will handle a lot of things of yours and if you are looking for good quality suitcase boxes then you must visit this site 

https://www.thecustomboxes.com.au/retail-boxes/sui...

This is when I first started thinking about the whole backpack vs suitcase ... My advice would be to have a big bag and also a smaller one for day to day use.

NO ONE can guess how much stuff you want to haul around.

If it fits in a smaller bag then take the smaller bag. Sorry the term small suitcase or back pack means nothing. They come in a huge variety of sizes.

The space under the seat or in the luggage bin is measured in INCHES not size small bag.

Up to you if you drag it behind you in a wheeled bag , hang it off your arm as you carry it or have it over your back.

It all depends on what you are planning on doing once you get there. If you need to take formal wear that creases easily then use a suitcase. If just normal smart casual type of stuff, then a backpack which could be carry on airplane luggage. If you are driving, take as much stuff as you feel like in any kind of suitcase.

Definitely a Backpack! A Backpack is easier to carry around, is lighter than the suitcase, and if fold things properly, can accommodate your clothes and accessories much better.

Without knowing the size of each and what you plan to bring, how can anyone here know what luggage you need?

A normal size rolling suitcase is better unless you plan on camping outdoors. 

I normally travel by air with a small backpack as a carry on and a rolling suitcase as a checked bag.  

If I am traveling lightly then I use the small backpack plus a laptop bag, both as carry on bags.  However, it means I can't take things like a pocket knife with me when flying.