Khalil asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Prices on plane tickets?

I plan on going on holiday in the end of July, If I book a ticket right now in November, are the prices the same as if I book my tickets in June?

• james

Normally start looking about 3 month early to get a idea. They can go up or down in price. Sometimes the last week if they need feel a plane is best. Can you be flexable on date saves you money.

Highly doubtful.  Ticket prices are always changing and usually get more expensive if you buy closer to the date of travel.  I suggest you check on the price frequently and if the price hits a level that you find affordable, buy it then and get it over with.  I have bought tickets for summer travel 3-6 months before the departure date.  Know that summer travel is a more expensive time since kids are out of school and families start flying to places.

Ticket prices change constantly. 

In my extensive experience, the best fares are typically offered between three and five months before the departure date.

prices will not be the same

plane ticket price depends mostly

on the cost of fuel

The price today can be exactly the same, lower or higher than tickets purchased months from now.

USUALLY ticket prices tend to go up the closer to flight date.

In the obsessed world of bargain , discount, sale prices some actually pay the full price.

Best deals are frequently the first day that the Airline accepts bookings about one year in advance.

Airlines like other businesses actually like to make some money to pay their staff.

No; prices change.

• DEBS

Prices change all the time.  Generally 2-3 months out are the best prices, but that's not a guarantee.  If you look up your flight on Kayak.com, they have a tool (I believe in the upper left corner after you do your search) which will tell you whether, based on historical data, they think the price will go up or down in the coming weeks.

No. Prices change as seats are sold and cheaper seats are no longer available. How far in advance to buy tickets depends on whether you want a domestic or international flight. Generally tickets will be more expensive the closer you get to when you want to fly. Buy tickets at least two months in advance for domestic flights and even earlier for international.

There are never any guarantees on airfares but the general rule is that fares only go up.

Domestic fares can fluctuate widely from 6 months out up to departure however international fares are usually more stable and incrementally go up and usually don't come down.

With domestic flights, there are usually many flights, many ways to route you between two cites. This allows the airline to fill empty flights with lower fares when needed. Most international routes operate once per day and sometimes less than daily so the seats are finite. Once they start selling, there will not be any more so there's no reason to lower the price.

No. It changes all the time. The price could change within an hour.