Tyler asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

how do I help my sick cat?

my cat is about 20 years old and she has started to pee and poop around the house. this has been going on for almost a mouth. she has been eating and drinking more then normal but she is getting more skinny. we dont have alot of money and can't bring her to a vet. we can't deal with the mass amounts of pee and poop around the house and we have to keep her trapped in one room with her food and water and liter but i feel so bad to keep her in a room in her most likely last days but we don't know what to do. are house it only full of rugs and it makes it a thousand times harder to clean. Is there anything I can do to help make her more comfortable? what should we do? Should we bring her to the vet with the money we don't have for them to do tests just to tell us to put her down? I don't know what is the best thing to do is

• Eva
    Best Answer

There's no need to do tests. She's reaching the end of her life. 20 is very old for a cat. Only you can decide when it's time to end her suffering.

• Tyler1 month agoReport

if putting her down really is for the best then that's what i will do i was just hoping she would get better but clearly i was just to optimistic

• 6 days ago

You could maybe take it to a special doctor that would help it and make it better! I hope it’s not bad sick! 

I’m very very sorry to say this, especially because I have my own cat and she is my world, but I don’t think there is anything you can do. Make her comfortable, cuddle with her, and let her do her thing. She is likely just nearing the end of her life. 20 is after all, pretty old for a cat. Good luck :/

• patty

get her put down humanely

• Ken S

Sigh

It sounds like she either has diabetes (most likely) which is easily treatable if you know what you are doing or kidney disease. I am a feline diabetes expert and I can help you with learning treatment and saving some money but you would actually have to spend money for supplies or such. The other possibility is kidney disease which I doubt cause she is eating well but it is possible.

If you want help for the diabetes, you would probably need to spend anywhere from 200-500 total (not anything to me) for treatment depending. You can email me at justken@rocketmail.com and I can guide you.

If she has diabetes and you don't treat, she will suffer. She cannot process her food correctly so basically she lives on her muscle till it wears away. Not a good way to go so if you don't treat, put her to sleep

• Ken S
      4 weeks agoReport

you should contact me.
        I can guide you and save you a ton of money that  would be wasted at the vets. Also, most vets aren't up to date with the correct treatment of diabetes.

• PAMELA

You need to have her put down, see a vet.

Take the cat to a vet. You clearly can afford it since you have the net and cell phones. You are just lazy and cheap and rather kill the cat or let it suffer then latter repalce it with a shiny new kittne 

You no doubt have game systems as well that can be sold so the cat can be taken to a vet 

• Tyler4 weeks agoReport

star if I sold everything I had I wouldn't even have $200 and i would be out of a job do you know how much it cost to live not to mention you have to sell used things at a fourth of the price and i do not have any game *systems* you need to stop making assumptions 

Give your cat a little bit of CBD isolate it will help

• Maxi

Reality is the cat will not be tested as it old age and her organs are failing...... if you care anything at all about this cat then you take her to the vets and discuss options with the vet which is likely PTS

They won't need to do tests, your cat is obviously dying, and you are doing nothing. Disgusting. 

• Tyler1 month agoReport

star adults get there money from working and even if you work your *** off you still barely scrape by i know it's a hard concept for someone who get all their money from their parents