Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 month ago

why do I get criticized and made fun of by one of my peers for only listening to techno music?

that is my personal interest. I only like techno music because its my style. I don't like anything else. I dislike music with lyrics and words

one of the biggest reasons why I live techno music is because its all about beats and beats are what uplift me since I am into lifting weights.

I love music that give me that adrenaline rush and techno just does that

I get accused for being closed minded, but I don't like all the hip hop today because its just garbage with meaningless lyrics. 

old school hip hop is alright but I lost interest in it in favor of techno

everything else to me is boring.

you like what you like, why should I conform to like what other people like?

Listen to what you like and don't worry about what other people say.

You're right, why should you conform. Keep on keeping on.

BTW, if you do like songs with meaning and understandable lyrics, listen to one of Pete Seeger's concert albums (Saunders Theater is a good one.)

As long as you are willing to listen before rejecting, you aren't closed minded.

Do not change your taste in music - change the people you thought were your friends.  If you decide to explore other genres of music - or another strength sport - then fine. You might find that the powerful works of Wagner boost you - or not. You might find that certain rhythmic works have a strong pulse and forward motion. Tech might not be the only genre that works for you.  But having friends who ridicule you NEVER works. 

I love BTK! Aren't they a techno group???