What SAT score does NCSSM want?

I live in District 7 and my SAT score is coming next week. I am expecting a 1500+ but I want to know what score NCSSM generally looks for. I know that it is relative to your school but is there an ideal score?

District 7 of Charlotte, but district 12 of NC

• drip
    Favorite Answer

If this is what you are talking about.

Scroll down

https://www.ncssm.edu/uploads/files/95047622660037...

It really will be up to your competition. What everyone else applying has.

And  predicted SAT score means nothing, only what you actually get counts. 

• student1 month agoReport

Thank you, that was very helpful. And yes, some people who are applying at my school are also in the 1500-1550 range.

If I knew what NCSSM was, I might be able to answer. North Carolina State.....?

SAT scores are not relative to the school you are in. Universities will look at your grades relatives to the reputation of your school and it's rigorousness. But SAT scores are ranked against all other students who apply to that university. Most schools have information on their websites about what they expect applicants to have. Have you looked at their website?

• student1 month agoReport

NCSSM is North Carolina School for Science and Math, and it's a magnet school for 11th and 12th graders. When they judge SAT scores, they compare them to other SAT scores at your school, so I was wondering if there was a minimum SAT score. Thank you for the advice about the grades though.

i would just call them up and ask them about it

• student1 month agoReport

I can't find any contact information but they do have a document about it