How do you analyse football(soccer)?

So when I am watching football I always look from a 1-team perspective (the team I support). 

When the analysts in the break talk about the match I always wonder how they watch and analyse the game from both sides.. Who is playing well? Is the midfield lacking.. stuff like that. Any advice on how to improve my analytic watching? 

The more you watch, the better you will get, because you will learn new things and see things you didn't notice before.

But I watch whatever I can see, what are the strategies of each team, there are different styles and tactics, what's working what isn't, who is performing well, who is struggling.

Basically I follow the ball, while looking at everything going on around it as much as I can see.

The analyst how more information available to them and they have a better view and they also played the game at a high level so they know and understand much more than your average viewer, that's why they can analyze better.