Is Christmas a public holiday in your country? Which country are you from? Thanks.?

13 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. It is in the US and much of the world.  In the countries in brown, it is not.

Attachment image
  • Emdog
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No a holiday here in Thailand. That map is wrong in that Christmas here is mainly about shopping, Santa etc. Jesus and all that is not part of the "observance"

• 4 weeks ago

No, this is an american heathen holiday which they worship the birth of HaSatan and claim it is Jesus of Nazareth. Jeremiah 10

• 1 month ago

Christmas is a public holiday in EVERY country except

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bhutan, North Korea, Libya, Mauritania, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (aka Western Sahara), Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, and Yemen.

Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cambodia, China, Comoros, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Thailand, Turkey, Uzbekistan and the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam have 'holiday observance' - i.e many people might celebrate it, but it isn't OFFICIALLY a holiday (like Halloween in the US)

December 25th is a public holiday in Taiwan and Pakistan, but for the celebration of the formation of the Republic of China and the birthday of Jinnah respectively.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

USA. Yes, Christmas is our biggest holiday. I think the projected spending this year is 4.7 BILLION.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most people in the USA get Christmas off as a paid holiday.

• Jess C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, I'm working on Christmas day though.

I'm from Australia.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is a public holiday in the US.

• 1 month ago

Crustmas am particular done holiday for China. We just punch picture of white mans and eat rice

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, America )-)=(-(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.