Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Can you hunt deer from a car or truck?

Can you shoot any animal out of the window? You could pull up really close to a couple of deer and kill them all with a handgun. You could easily hunt one like that.

I WASTED ALL OF YOUR GUYS TIME AGAIN

• Greg
    Best Answer

Most places that is forbidden.

• Adam D

Different states have different laws.  I probably don't live where you live, so my answer doesn't necessarily apply to you.

Here, it is illegal to hunt from a vehicle, and illegal at any time to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle.  For those who will categorically say no, you can't do it anywhere, it seems at least in Texas, on private property, it is legal.

not legal in most states. Locally only disabled hunters in certain areas are allowed to hunt from roadway in a vehicle. as for most of the hunters shooting from cars with pistols- turns out most were police, couple times didn't roll down windows. 

• Ana

Yes you actually can lol but most people just don’t do it. It’s also hard to find deer that way usuallyyy

This is a very cowardly and lazy way to hunt.  It's also illegal in nearly all states.

It is illegal to hunt from the "road way". Now in case you haven't noticed where deer graze at is not conducive to high speed chases. Not only is it illegal, it is impractical. No you can not hunt game animals from a helicopter or airplane either. While using a off road vehicle is legal, shooting from a moving one poses more risks then you can imagine.

• falconry2
      4 weeks agoReport

We need to report all these messed up questions to Yahoo. 

Nope must be in some states so many feet away from houses.  And in some state certain types of guns are allowed.  I got an idea look up the rules in your state.

I hunt deer with a knife.  

Pretty sure that's illegal.  It's called "jacking".

• .

Shooting from the road or from a vehicle will get you a hefty fine and you won't be hunting for a year.