Can you rent an airplane for drug trafficking instead of going through the airport?

Or is the security the same?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

If you think renting an aircraft will reduce scrutiny, then you are mistaken.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Instead of uncovering a drug cache, the officials found luggage, golf ...That alone does not give the police the right to stop me, question me and search my car.” ... 50 to 70 pilots whose flights were entirely within the U.S. 

• 4 weeks ago

Try it and let us know how you get on.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Do you really think that the authorities are going to ignore a plane just because it is rented. If you do yo have a lot to learn. Also ask yourself can you afford to rent a plane and do you know how to fly it because they are not like car rentals a hired plane usually comes with a pilot and I think he would notice if you were smuggling drugs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you cross international boarder whether by road, sea or air, your subject to borders and customs who can search your person, vehicle, boat and or plane.  

Legally, when you cross an international border, you are required to report to customs and border protection. This is usually arranged prior to departure so they have the staff at the arrival airport.  Through the use of radar, any plane crosses the boarder is tracked and if they suspect the plane has not confirmed their flight plans, they will send FBI to the area

• 4 weeks ago

You can rent an airplane for any reason. But you still have to supply a flight plan and your pax. (what you are carrying).

Peace.

• 4 weeks ago

Plane rental would involve security checks too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.