Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

What are some reasons why you shouldn’t work for Amazon ?

• I work with a guy that worked in their warehouse. The Amazon he worked for basically treated their employees like slaves, and the managers like to micromanage what he did. He was constantly pushed to go faster and meet better targets for lines per minute. If he wasn't meeting those targets he was constantly asked why he wasn't meeting them. Also he had to work any and all shifts they gave him, doesn't matter what day or time they gave him.

The pay may be good, but ware house work can be physically demanding. It's long hours on your feet through out your shift. I've had a ware house job for over 4 years, but not for Amazon. The ware house I work for doesn't treat their employees like that. The pay maybe good but the work can be physically demanding and challenging. Unless you think you're going to like a job like that (read their job description carefully), don't apply.

I met a woman who worked for Amazon.  She loved it.  She was paid well, very well for what she did, and she was never pushed by anyone above her to hurry up or anything like that.  She had tasks to complete for the day and she did them on her time, in the order in which she wanted to do them.  As long as she got them done, everything was fine.  She told me that she often had two hours to spare after her work for the day was done.  She really loved her job.  I haven't met any other employee so I only know this one person.

14 year old trolls do not work.

They just hired a guy I fired for blatant and repeated sexual harassment without checking his references. 

They steal people's money. Once you put your card details into Amazon, that's it, details stolen. If I were you, I'd stay far away from that company.

You don't need a job

You already worked for them they fired you and won't hire you again.