My boyfriend makes no money and can’t ever save money?

After getting fired he 

Took his time job hunting just chilling with his child all summer. I couldn’t stand that this was okay - she’s his kid not mine he’s barely ever paid anything towards her he does not pay child support, but we also had four other pets that need caring for, rent, food now for his daughter too NONE of which was being contributed to. His anger issues came up he

strangled me in front of his kid. I told him to get out. He begged to come back after living on couches. I told him he had to get a job and make it work because I can’t keep giving chances and living like this. He had to #1 be self sufficient and #2 kick the violence. He finally found a sales job that seemed to have potential. He started off ambitious but I think something bad happened when his boss started offering him $400 the weeks he made nothing. Now when he gets a deal it has to be split up to compensate for the several weeks he gets none. Even when he gets a deal it still breaks down to the $400 pay. It’s probably been at least six weeks. 

Still sending nothing to his kid, contributing minimally. But he now seems very comfortable living like his. He talks about getting another job sometimes, but I feel like I am setting myself up for terminal disappoint if I allow him to continue job hunting. I gave him a last chance 6 months ago and I am really considering saying that I can’t continue to be with him while he figures this out all over again. But I’m also afraid of his violence.

• Foofa

So you're hooked up with a total loser and you somehow need our permission to break up with him. Permission granted.

• Ocimom

Leave him and don't let him return.

My advice would be for you to dump him and find someone better.

• Alan H

You have no question

And have no reason to stay with this guy

sounds like a you problem

You wanting to be with him is your choice.

• David

Dump the bum.  He's a worthless moocher.

He doesn't support his child and he doesn't care to. At least he DOES play with his child sometimes but the child lives with it's mother, yes? SHE's the one footing the bill for her child. Don't pay his child support payments for him. That's enabling him to continue on this path.

I'd throw out a chronically unemployed man who strangled me when he got mad. It's really not acceptable. Does he punch holes in walls too? Break furniture? Scream and yell and blame you for everything too?

Eh, I don't like this but how you decide to live is up to you.

• Cogito

Forget the money, the child, the pets, the job - why can't you see that the violence is the major problem here?  Once a man has shown that he would hurt you, it's time to get out of the relationship - permanently.

I work in the legal system and I can't count the number of men I've seen sent to prison for seriously injuring, maiming, or even murdering their partners.

He WILL do it again.  Men like him don't change.

Get out.  Stay alive.

"I feel like I am setting myself up for terminal disappoint". You are correct.

Want to be smart? Lose this loser. He will cause you nothing but heartache and misery