Why is Eminem so overrated?

Some people claim he is better than Biggie and Tupac. Hes not even on the level of other great rappers like Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and LL Cool J. Lil Kim is better, too. 

Eminem is on the same level as Future and Drake. Mediocore. 

• He is he best lyricist rap has seen. Only Nas comes close to him. He has some good flows too. That is not overrated my friend. 

Ahh... I see your extra copy of chromosome 21 is hard at work, good for you

I agree. His lyrics are on a Drake/mid level. He’s not as good as everyone thinks. His style is outdated and rhyme schemes aren’t going to sell in this era. His voice is unique but there’s not as much cool factor. I think he’s outdated and hasn’t adjusted to the sound of the new scene. One might argue with me and mention NF and his style. I think what separates the two is that Eminem is just worn out and his beats aren’t timeless or classics. 

• Gareth1 month agoReport

Not gonna lie, Eminem is a very different style to Drake, Tupac and all the others, more of a poet, he started as a comedian and then went political. He doesn't need to adjust because the demographic he hits, he resonates. He's not amazing, He's not wack. He's unique, not arguing, just saying

Because they think he is the best when he is the worst. There are plenty other rappers people can mention besides Em.

• Lv 7

better at what? he isn't even in the same genre of rap. he's no gangsta rapper. he started out as comedy, and then when all anger and politics...

I'm afraid I have to agree. 

I think he's a very talented rapper and wordsmith, but his music is extremely lackluster. Now, most of that has to do with most of rap music being lackluster as a genre, but still. 

I still think 'My Name Is' is one of the absolute worst songs ever. It's absolutely cringe-worthy these days. 

I'm not a fan of rap. But this is subjected to individual opinions.