Linda
Linda asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

What would you do if your spouse did not want to tell you why he was fired?

My husband told me he was let go due to not getting in a pool to do some work. He was a maintenance tech for best western. I asked him what happened exactly? He said the manager was a cheapskate idiot and was always putting him down and I said so what exactly was the reason he wanted you to get in the pool? He said I'm not discussing this with you and I made my decision and so that's that and I am not having this discussion with you again. I said I'm not trying to be critical. I just wanted to give you some honest feedback. He has been fired 5 times and I think he needs people skills. He is wanting to run his own heating and air business and just got his contractor's license and only wants to work part time in maintenance. I said wouldn't working as a heating and air tech to gain experience rather than just maintenance be better? He said of course not this is what I am gonna do. I think he has a crappy attitude. 

• Lv 7
    Best Answer

sounds like he's very sensitive about his lack of skills. that's not good, and if he doesn't at least admit he's got a problem, hexs only going to keep getting fired.

he needs to realize that he's got to do what they say or they won't pay him. if it was easy to do, they wouldn't bother paying someone to do it.

he needs to learn to treat his boss with respect, even if his boss does not respect him. you need to learn your place and be humble if you actually KEEP a job.

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

Good advice but he won't see it that way I'm afraid.

Pray over matter try to be patient again in hopes your husband will feel the need and obligation to open up to you soon and recognize their is not suppose to be any secrets in a marriage or just one mate making decisions without the other mate knowledge. Respect love and trust key factors in any relationship.

• Carmen4 weeks agoReport

Glad he communicated with you sometime the is all what's needed to resolve certain matters yes mistreating someone at  job or otherwise is never acceptable he did the right thing leaving peacefully keep praying another job comes along for your husband that's just right for him .

His crappy attitude will be obvious to prospective customers.  I question his ability to build a "successful" business.  How much do you love this guy?

• Linda
      4 weeks agoReport

I love him but he is stressing me out 

You're only making him even more stressed about it all. Why not offer to HELP get him up to speed with keeping a job?

• Linda
      4 weeks agoReport

Tried that he won't accept help

• Judy

You have bigger problems than why he got fired. You need to evaluate whether or not to stay with him. good luck.

• Linda
      4 weeks agoReport

True decided to stay and pray

The question is : Why did you marry someone with a bad attitude who can't keep a job?

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

When I married him he had a job for 15 years but since that job he has had a bad work record 

• Judith

I see you are now trolling since you asked about this only a few days ago and got 5 answers.  Also changed the story a little bit.

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

No it is not the same question.

• ioerr

yeah he definitely has a crappy attitude

of course, lots of people in hvac have crappy attitudes but still manage not to get fired so often.  so he probably has one a bit crappier than usual.