What are the advantages of hunting with a crossbow?

Clean Kill to every animal. YOu have to know where to shoot.

• F

When you flip and feel like killing people, you'll only kill one or two before the cops can shoot you instead of 20 or so if you have a semi automatic.

U get to hunt early in the season before rifle season

well, you can reuse ammo, and you can use a crossbow if your a felon. but now ill ask, hunting what? in some places, you can hunt with a crossbow in place of a rifle

Big caliber (the tip of the arrow).   And it is a silence killer.   I think bow is the right to hunt (true hunter back in the days use bows).  A trained archer can shoot anything up to 50 yards. 

Quieter than a suppressed rifle, more forgiving than a compound bow and way easier to use in general than a longbow.

In Wisconsin crossbows are used during the bow season, used to be mostly for handicapped, disabled hunters. If you have had broken color bones,shoulder injuries the regular bow is extremely difficult to use, cross bow can be ****** and carried ready, used with one good arm and one weak arm. 

• Richard
      4 weeks agoReport

I have a bad back and I had to sell my recurve and I have been seriously considering a 
      crossbow. I used one in my HE class  instructions and It was very enjoyable and hardly a problem.

• Dze

compared to what .. there really are none compared to a firearm, just more challenging, you have to get closer and be well acquainted with its characteristics and abilities .. but i guess you could say that in most cases the 'season' for using a bow opens early before guns so you get a crack at one before they get real spooky ..

The animals would laugh if you went with a crossdresser.

• Gary

Hunting is mean. It’s also VERY dangerous