Is vomiting normal with the flu?

I started to have a sore throat and a runny nose (stuffy as well) last night. Today was the same, but I keep feeling nauseous. Is vomiting normal with the flu?

• 1 week ago

Its very normal I had it so bad one yr I thought I was gonna die puking, fever, chills, muscle aches, hot & cold flashes, night sweats, ugh it was awful after experiencing that I now take the flu shot, dont wanna be miserable in the winter thats for d*mn sure

The flu is awful.  Feeling like you will and even more but keep hydrated.  

Yes. Vomiting and nauseousness can be very common with the flu, especially the norovirus, stomach bugs, and with sometimes a lot of other things. Please do not try and suppress your vomiting. It is your body's way of clearing the problems from your body.  If you are continuously vomiting and cannot keep anything down, please consider going to the emergency room if you become dehydrated.

it is always a possibility

Source(s): nurse

depends on how bad it is, i would go see your doctor about it

i mean i get it so if its a rare thing i guess we are in the same boat

• Byrd

You do not vomit with the flu you have something els

• k w

you should keep these 2 items in the kitchen cabinet for emergencies, either activated charcoal tabs/caps OR liquid clay EITHER will absorb toxins in your gut, I prefer clay, I took a shot-glass full of clay the next day after getting the FLU, for the 1st time in many years, the moment it hit my gut, I felt relief, like a wet blanket on a fire, it just smothered out the discomfort I was feeling, and for the next 2 days the symptoms I had, just faded away to my amazement ! true story, believe it or not.....and all health or illness begins in the gut.....

• Linda

Not usually but if you get a lot of mucus in your throat and you swallow it that can make you vomit. Also too many cough drops can make you vomit. That happened to me before.

• Nancy

Yes, it is. So is fever. What is optional is a sore throat, runny nose, and stuffiness. Those are more indicative of a cold than the actual flu.