Can I recover deleted bookmarks after resetting Windows?

I had to reset Windows on my laptop and having done that, Google Chrome was removed and thus all of my bookmarks. Is there I way I can find them again or are they gone forever?

• Lv 7

look in your %LOCALAPDATA% folder for a Google folder.

otherwise, time to start over...

In the old days, if you forgot to backup your bookmarks, they were lost for good. Today, if you sign into an account for whatever browser you are using, they are saved on that account. So with Chrome if you signed into Chrome using a Google account, then your bookmarks are not only saved, but no matter which computer/device you use, signing into that same account gives you the exact same Chrome no matter which device you are on. If you opted not to sign in, then yes, your bookmarks are gone.

If you had previously signed in to a google account, your bookmarks etc. would be save in that.

You can recover them just by signing back in to the same account & waiting a few minutes for them to be synchronised.

Other than that, unfortunately they are gone.