Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

How can I date if I’m unemployed?

What do I tell women?

Let me clarify. I’m NOT chronically unemployed. I AM receiving unemployment compensation. I have 6 months of it. I’m not worried about finding another job. In addition to the UE compensation, I also have 6 months of living expenses saved up. It took me 6 weeks to find my last job, 6 days to find the job before that, and 2 months to find the job before that. So this is definitely temporary. I’ve been dating since me and my ex broke up. I’m so lonely and meeting women makes me happy. 

Also, I have a Bachelor’s degree. Didn’t realize that the perception of someone unemployed is so low. I lost my job 2 weeks ago, but for the last week and a half, have applied to 15 jobs per day. I have 2 interviews coming up this week. I’m willing to commute up to an hour so I’m confident I’ll find something. I haven’t went on a date in 2 weeks and me and my ex broke up 7 weeks ago. Not currently working has not been brought up online and via text, but I’d imagine it would on a date.

I didn’t ask about my job situation. Sure, I’ve jumped from job to job and chose a terrible career. 

My degree is in business so that’s how I’m able to apply to 15 per day and still get at least 2 interviews (if not 3) a week.

I do agree that you should keep yourself busy with hobbies and not expect someone to come into your life at a certain time. BUT, if I don’t put myself out there on dating apps, then I will never meet someone. That’s how I met my last 3 (ex) girlfriends.

• Chanel
    Best Answer

You could try voluntary work and do your best at the job, then you can add it to your CV.

Some jobs are word of mouth and it is a case of sheer luck when you hear about a job.

I worked in a charity and 2 of the volunteers got offered paid work (I did also).

As for telling a would be girlfriend about it why don't you just speak to girls as you would an acquaintance and if you bond it could be a good friendship.

If a female is only interested in a guy's bank balance then she is no loss to you or anybody else.

I wouldn't suggest voluntary work. Often employers will overlook that as actual work. Try to get ANY paid job.

• Zirp

You can do it during business hours...

Figure out which datingsite has the kind of people you are looking for

Ur unemployed perfect time for meeting girls i guess plus u have lot of time. Unless money is an issue but part from that u hav time again so relax.

Well, since your ultimate goal is finding someone 'for richer and poorer", your current situation might provide the opportunity to do just that.  But, unfortunately being married 25 years, I have no suggestions about the how.  

Also, you could say transitioning positions, or in transition---and then share more specifics should something evolve.   

• .....

Why would you spend your time chasing a woman when you should be first taking care of your responsibilities for creating security, either a job or creating your own business? Why tie someone up with your own irresponsibility

There are plenty of women around.

Get one.

You should need to be honest. Tell the person you are dating that you have lost your job but you have interviews lined up. Meanwhile, you have quite a bit of saving and your receiving money from your last job so you are fine. You can let them know what field you work in/want to go into and why you find it interesting. And then ask them about their career.

Make sure your house is nicely decorated and tidy.

OR....you can say you've dropped your job and you want to do a bit of travelling before you start a new one and that you have money put away.

Women aren't all that into meeting unemployed guys for dates. It's just the way it goes.

You've applied to 15 jobs per day? That seems like a lot to me. I have the impression you're not paying much attention to the type of job you're applying to. Has it occurred to you you might be over- or underqualified for many of these jobs, or that you may not like them and quit after a few weeks or months, as it has happened with the previous ones? I don't want to judge you, but don't you think it might be better if you applied just for the jobs you're really interested in?