Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 4 weeks ago

Chest and heart pains? I don't understand...?

Okay, so I'm 20 years old and a female.

About a month ago I started having a stinging pain in my chest, where the heart is. It lasts a few seconds and then it leaves. It happens maybe like a few times a day, usually when I lay down.

I also sometimes get a heavy feeling in my chest when I lay down.

It's not too bad and it doesn't happen every single day but it still worries me.

Now, please don't tell me to see a doctor cause I really can't afford a doctor right now, I hardly have any money to pay rent.

I just wanna know what it could possibly be.

By the way, I don't think I have any other symptoms. No shortness of breath or anything like that.

• Tavy

Sounds like heartburn. Take an antacid and see how it goes. Avoid spicy foods.

• Linda

Your question angers me. You'd rather put your life possibly on the line by taking advice here from strangers rather than see a doc? What if someone tells you they know what it is and tells you it is heartburn when in actuality it is a heart attack even though you do not have shortness of breath? Real smart!

Could be heartburn (because it happens more when you lay down).  Try changing your diet and or taking an antacid.

I'm also going to tell you that you need to find a way to get some kind of health coverage.  If your parents are covered by health insurance, they can cover you too.  If you are a low-income, you should be able to get medicaid.