Describe the effect each movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor has on you; your emotional as well as intellectual reaction. ?

Why do you think this symphony, arguably the most famous in musical history, has such a profound effect on so many people?

• Mike

During WWII, the opening was adapted into a medley of patriotic songs because . . .  _  is Morse code for V, and V was the logo for Victory. Many years later, my high school band still had the piece in the book. It was always fun to watch the contortions the band leader went through to get us to start on the upbeat.

• Dog

The whole thing makes me crave Popeye's sandwiches.

Or - and I know this is a crazy idea - you could do your own goddamn homework.

• Mamianka
      4 weeks agoReport

I told a whiny kid this week to PRACTICE her scales - she wanted shortcuts.  Little snot sent all kinds of nasty replies back. She could have played all 15 in the time she took  to write.