Can I install the Windows 10 update for free again?

So I remember that at first you could download it for free so I downloaded it but it made my computer very buggy so had to go back to Windows 8.1. Apparently now it costs quite a bit of money to upgrade but since I already upgraded once and had to revert because of THEIR system bugs, It would be pretty shitty if I have to pay again this time.

Google searches constantly give me different answers. I just want to know if there is some may to simply revert system updates. I mean, it makes perfect sense since I already "owned" the product.

edit: *way not "may"

Best Answer

Since you already upgraded previously on that system, you should be able to upgrade to W10 again for free. Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/... and download the tool. This will let you upgrade your system to Windows 10.

• Rudolphin3 weeks agoReport

Thanks for the response! Not often do people answer my questions or give straight-to-the-point answers!

• Dick

Just go to the Win 10 upgrade page and click on the upgrade link. Microsoft already has your computer's ID so it will recognize it when it goes through the "activation" process at the end of the installation.

• Rudolphin3 weeks agoReport

Thanks for the response! I often don't get answers.

If your Win 8.1 is legit and registered, updates to 10 are free.

Funny, my Win 10 has been near flawless. Win 7 auto updates have crashed the system forcing reverting with system restore.

Keep all your drivers up to date from your machine makers website, that solves all sorts of problems.

• Rudolphin3 weeks agoReport

I study computer science so i'm pretty savvy with that sort of stuff. But it's my first time messing around with operating systems' versions. Thanks for the response! Not often do I get answers to my questions.