Would you encourage others to become vegan?

It’s for a school project

question is for vegans please

• Jane

For a school project about food, you would need to do some research about veganism and vegan recipes first. Then you could make some delicious ( must be good food, no sloppy lentils and boring  things) vegan dishes and try them out on others, to see what they think of the food.Vegan sticky toffee pudding and peanut butter brownies are lush! Nobody wants to eat rubbish tasting food.

You could find out if people might be interested in vegan food cos it tastes good, or cos it's good for the environment, for animal welfare reasons. Or that they hate it! If so, find out why.

No. Mostly because it makes people annoying. All that soy just raises estrogen levels. 

• U4 weeks agoReport

What about the hormones in cow's breast milk? And the hormones in meat and eggs?

I encourage others to eat what they prefer. I don't see what good it does to try and tell someone else what to eat or what to do generally

No I wont. It is up to the person if he or she would become one. 

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't encourage anyone to follow any particular diet other than a balanced, nutritious, healthy one, and only then ifI was close to them in some way.

• Clive

Do your own homework.

I'll support you if you don't want to gob on a big chunk a' meat. Be it because you just don't like it, think a proper lady shouldn't, for health or environmental reasons. But vegans have a tendency to be obnoxious and paint themselves into a corner. They remind me of religious fanatics when it gets to the point where they can't have any utensil or appliance that has ever touched any byproduct. If a man takes the lord's name in vein or you had a moon pie made with lard, both are "unclean" for 3 days.

And while some manage to be decent body builders, most are so scrawny and always cold. It's just sad. But what's the most silly is their protesting. While I'm in an office putting the pieces in place to kill and eat 75,000 more animals this year, they mildly annoy passers by. When it comes down to it everybody has the ability to try to kill their enemies and hope they win but given that example, who seems to be having a bigger impact on the world?

---

Rolling with the religious fanatic analogy, that's like asking only Catholics if the Pope is so great. The term "preaching to the choir" comes to mind too.

Depends on what you mean by encourage. Pester, no. Provide accurate fact based information from unbiased sources to people who Express curiosity, sure.

No, I leave that decision entirely for them to make, not my business to interfere with their choices. Humans are omnivores, so it's their choice whether to eat meat. Meat is needed for a healthy diet. 

• U4 weeks agoReport

Humans are herbivores. Meat doesn't give humans anything but diseases

I would neither encourage nor discourage.  I would respect their choice.