just eaten possibly raw frozen chicken?

I just had some birds eye frozen coated chicken breast and it was really hot and the meat was white, but I was just looking into why it felt a bit mushy and I realised that they’re made with raw chicken so now I’m paranoid that I have poisoned myself. Is it just due to it being bad quality meat? I also cooked it for longer than I was supposed to and half the time was on a higher temperature than it was supposed to be. What was wrong with my chicken??

by poor quality I just assume that they might still feel a little mushy cause they’re made with reformed, processed chicken breast, could that be why?

You’re accurate in assuming it’s just of lesser quality, but it seems it was cooked thoroughly based on your info.

Relax your fine-

The chicken wasn't raw, you took it out of a frozen freezer (I'm assuming here), and you cooked it at the temperature that was recommended. Even if you over-cooked it, it's not raw, and doesn't pose any danger to you health-wise, at worst, it would probably have a burnt taste to it while eating.

The best way to see if chicken is raw is to open the meat by about an inch, if you see any red spots/traces in it, then you know its raw and therefore not edible. The fact the meat was white, tells me, it was fully cooked, and had zero rawness to it, raw meat is merely blood.

Most likely its because of it being processed chicken that would explain why it was soft.

Source(s): I work at a restaurant/trained in health and food safety.
  • :;

Depends on how much was undercooked one or two bites won't cause sickness if you cooked it above the recommended temp the germs that could of been there will be dead and if most of it was white I wouldn't worry 

• denise

Its probably just a duff batch, save whats left and take it back to the store for a refund and / or a replacement.

If it's going to make you sick (which is not certain), you'll know in 24 hours.

Raw chicken is not "poison". I've eaten raw chicken, as well as other raw meats, numerous times and not gotten sick. (I was into a raw meat diet for a while.) But anyway, there's no way that the meat you ate was raw, from what you've said. You're obviously just obsessive about this issue.

So you believe (incorrectly) that every frigging piece of  raw chicken is tainted. Well that is WRONG.....way wrong. Quit being a big ole sissy boy.

It was frozen in the middle... so you didn't hit the final required cooking temp.  That's what's wrong.  

• but I checked the middle and it felt very hot - burn your mouth kinda hot. I even burnt my mouth while eating through it even though I cut it in half when I took it out, so surely it must have been very hot to have stayed at that temperature while I ate the rest of my food?