after 4 years of paying on my chapter 13  I have lost my job and can no longer pay the amount we had settled on.  what happens now?

"Explain" or be Exterminated" (use a Dalek voice)

We are not all from your part of the world so "Chapter 13" means NOTHING to us.  To hell if I am going to use Google to find out what it is.  Then I would be smarter than you. As an IMMIGRANT. U would not want that, would you?

But going by just the information you provided I can guess quite well,a. (you are a VERY SLOW READER if it takes 4 years) or b.(you check with the other party through their lawyer...to see whether there is an alternative option to pay less; or do you have to sell the farm and your cell phone and computer and then serve years in prison because you defaulted) Your credit is permanently ruined, so this is NOT the way you want to go.

Finding another job is what 99.95% of the people do.  Any job. Being that it is heading toward Xmas, there will be a ton of part time jobs available...so no excuse. 

Those that want to work, can find the work.

That has always been the truth.

Most likely, you're a dead beat. A judge will determine what's next. Or, if you have nothing, the lenders will give you a FICO of 300 or so. It won't go up for 7 years. And, everyone can read it on your credit sheet. From now on out, you'll be living in a dumpster & taking the bus to your McD's job.

contact a lawyer for sure.

speak to your attorney and get another job immediately

I would find another job ASAP.  Otherwise they are going to come after you for non-payment.

• May

"What happens now" can only be answered by a psychic......or by waiting to see "what happens".  Sorry but There are no psychics that answer;  "what happens" or "what if" questions here.

Legal questions are best answered by legal people such as a lawyer.

BTW.....How long is a piece of string?

you need to call your insurance company and talk to them about it

Well friend I hope you have enough money to pay the lawyer so he can convert it to a chapter 7 this is going to cost you about $2,000.

• Poppy

Do not ignore, communicate and try to let them you put a stay on payments until you are employed again.

• Eva

It can convert to a chapter 7 if you need to. Try to avoid that if you can since you're so close to the end. Talk to your trustee to see if any other arrangement can be made until you find another job.