Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

How do I meet people and make friends? Do I just go up to them and introduce myself?

So, I was at an orientation for a college. At the beginning, everyone admitted that they knew no one. However, when the first break came around, I saw everyone socializing with each other as if they knew each other forever while I just sat at an empty table by myself. I was flabbergasted. How were they so sociable? How were they able to meet people so fast? How do I do it? Do I just go up to them an introduce myself? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

If I were you, I'd look around for another person who is alone in the crowd and go sit with them.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes first step is to go up and introduce yourself. Maybe make a compliment like “hey I like your shoes, where did you get them?” The key is to ask a question where they can’t just say yes or no because that could potentially end the conversation right there. 

Next step, if you get a good vibe from the person, is to get them to talk about themselves. People care about themselves more than anyone else so if you can become a good listener and learn to be intrigued about other people then you will go a long way. Just keep them talking about them haha. Trust me, it works. Then later on they’ll want to talk to you again because you were such a great listener 

• 4 weeks ago

yes and maybe you can ask them how they did it

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Be yourself. If you're shy, don't force yourself to do something you don't want to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.