Having the hardest time with understanding how to make columns/rows in a Word table look even?

I really have no idea how many inches everything should be, and I've played around with a bunch of numbers, but I keep messing it up further. I really don't care as long as they all look aligned. How do I fix this?? I'm trying to just put 10 columns and 9 rows btw

• Fred

The easiest way is to draw the table specifying both the # of rows and # of columns.

Go to the Insert tab, Table group and click on the down arrow and insert the table that you want. Each row will have the # of columns that will be equally spaced across the page.

You can change the width of a column or depth of a row using the mouse. Click on a border and drag it to where you want. Add more rows by clicking in the cell in the bottom right of the table and pressing the tab key.

• Dick

Try putting your data into an Excel Spreadsheet and then simply insert the spreadsheet into your word document. I've not done that before but it should work. Give it a shot. Make the spreadsheet about 2 or 3 lines tall so you don't put a lot of work into it and see how it looks in the word document. If you don't like how it looks then continue with your "table effort".