Having the hardest time with understanding how to make columns/rows in a Word table look even?

I really have no idea how many inches everything should be, and I've played around with a bunch of numbers, but I keep messing it up further. I really don't care as long as they all look aligned. How do I fix this?? I'm trying to just put 10 columns and 9 rows btw

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The easiest way is to draw the table specifying both the # of rows and # of columns.

Go to the Insert tab, Table group and click on the down arrow and insert the table that you want. Each row will have the # of columns that will be equally spaced across the page.

You can change the width of a column or depth of a row using the mouse. Click on a border and drag it to where you want. Add more rows by clicking in the cell in the bottom right of the table and pressing the tab key.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Try putting your data into an Excel Spreadsheet and then simply insert the spreadsheet into your word document. I've not done that before but it should work. Give it a shot. Make the spreadsheet about 2 or 3 lines tall so you don't put a lot of work into it and see how it looks in the word document. If you don't like how it looks then continue with your "table effort".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.