What is this disgusting thing on my ankle? ?

I want to get rid of this so bad. I hate it and I got it for wearing a pair of shoes that had a broken piece of what felt like a metal inside them. I wore them for a whole day and it was constantly stabbing the back of my foot. I want to get rid of it but don’t know how or even what it is. Help!!

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

If all I saw was the picture, I'd call it a wart.  But that doesn't fit in with the history you provided.

So I'll say that it's a rather large corn.  Which is easier to treat than a wart.

I don't see signs of infection.  Get rid of the offending shoes, and protect this area with first-aid tape, or (better) moleskin, while it heals.  As long as there are no signs of infection, that should do it.

• martin

Go to a doctor or an emergency room. If you get infection into that area, it can be extremely dangerous. You are risking being unable to walk.

Its a wart.  There's info at the link..