Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal to walk around with an umbrella for sun protection (all seasons)?

I live in the SE of the UK and I am really aware of UV rays and I hate getting the slightest bit tanned or damage done to my skin. 

I am Korean btw

Best Answer

Yeah do it skin cancer is a big threat now especially to white Asian people who cares what people think because if you get cancer because you worried about people judging you for using a umbrella you will suffer to please those idiots I wear jumpers in summer time I live in Australia and melanoma is very high rate hear and the ozone is ruined over Australia I don't care about what others say because If I did I could get cancer because I had to please others 

Weak English people. You turn red on a rainy stormy day

In the UK, no.  Simple test, how many other umbrellas do you see people using when it's not raining?

Solar protection is an important public health issue because solar UV exposure ... Shade works by physically shielding the skin from direct UV rays; however ... shade structures like umbrellas and walls are under actual use conditions. In this study, a sky view model was applied to systematically assess the ...

Who cares what people think. If you’re afraid of UV damaging your skin then go ahead and use a parasol. I’ve been to England for a grand total of 10 days and I’ve never seen anyone using a parasol but we didn’t go during the summer. 

Here in the states, I do see some women, usually elderly Asian ladies that carry their parasol during the summer months. Same thing in China, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore. 

I'm not saying this is the way you think, but in the old days, Koreans would look down on any other Koreans that had dark skin.  The darker your skin was the lower class you were. Its the sad truth, so in Korea , its very common to see that.  In fact I see that a lot in Washington State, so you would fit right in with them.  People think that's just a Korean Culture, so I wouldn't worry too much about what others would think