How long do I have to file a rape charge ?

When I was 11 I was touched by someone who was 17 and now I’m 18 am I still able to file a rape charge ?

Update:

I’m in Texas btw 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can't file such a charge on your own. Take your evidence to the office of your local district attorney and talk to them about it. That's the person that would file charges in your case.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can report the 'touching' to the police............. just be careful not to 'report' rape if you are unsure what happened, you just report what happened not what you think it might have been

• 1 month ago

You were touched or penetrated? Rape requires penetration. Do you have any evidence at all? If no, then 7 years later, there will be no charge filed with no evidence. You can report it, but there is really nothing the police can do with no evidence of an alleged crime 7 years old.

• 1 month ago

hey ignore all the mean comments. i bet they wear maga hats. you can report it as rape or sexual assault, you know what happened. it’ll hard to prove, but i wish u luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you report it to the police, they will tell you that touching is not rape. You will be made a fool of by your own ignorance.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Being touched is not rape. It's sexual assault. I'm guessing it will be very hard to prove, but it's still possible to file a charge.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you were not raped were you? stop dwelllng in the past and move on, you are letting them control you all the time you think about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.