Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Why do men date single mothers?

As a highly intelligent man myself, I am able to see that it would not be beneficial to me in the slightest.

Is it coz they are desperate losers?

Favorite Answer

Don't know about other guys but i wouldn't date a single mom. As you said, it's not beneficial. Only a desperate loser would date a single mom. The "single mom" status is a sign of a failed relationship of a difficult woman.

• liz
      4 weeks agoReport

If its irresponsible to believe people tell the truth, yes.

People usually date a person who they feel an attraction toward... that's why men date single mothers sometimes.

• Zirp

Well, not all of us are pedophiles, and most women remotely our age happen to have offspring.

You date what's available

• Bill

The question is why would a man raise the children of another man. It goes against his biological imperative and decreases the chances he will further his bloodline. Plus, you might have to deal with the babies daddy and there is no possible benefit to that at all. 

• Elana

I am an anti-feminist because I think that modern feminism is failing to keep to its goals of gender equality due to its lack of perspective.  Feminists have done some pretty idiotic things claiming oppression or with the assumption that men have it so much better.  I am *NOT* an anti-feminist because I hate women.

But ...

Your misogyny knows no bounds.

There are men who like women regardless of whether or not they have children.  There are men who like children that are not their own.  There are men who are trying to be part of the solution to the problems in this world, not simply out for their own finance and pleasure.

Compassion, love, the ability to see the world from other people's point of view.

These are all skills you need to work on before any woman would consider you in a viable long term relationship.

Indeed, you are so hateful, you actually make yourself a target for people who want to abuse you.

I think you've entered the loop where confirmation bias in combination with actually making others hate you will only make your life less worth living, make you more bitter, make you only see what you believe to be true, and making others hate you more.

Why should women care about whether or not you are happy?  Or even safe?  Or even alive?  What have you said or done that would make a woman feel bad about trying to make you pay child support for a kid you had nothing to do with?

You should know that it's very easy for feminists to point at your (and similar) rantings as justification for the horribly unequal things they want to do.  Indeed, there is at least some possibility that you are a feminist troll, trying to give the community justification for more and more anti-male legislation.

The real LeBron James certainly wouldn't want to be seen in the light you seem to revel in.

It's your life.  If you want to fill it with hate and failure, that's up to you.

• Elana
      4 weeks agoReport

Please don't tell me what my view is as your summary is entirely wrong.  Men's brains are needed.  Their strength is generally becoming less important.  Their misogyny is certainly not needed.  Clearly as I sit here typing on the Internet made almost exclusively by men, I'm not going to dismiss men

Because he likes her.

some men just dont have any standards

I don't see it as a "cost-benefit" exchange.  People often do stuff for pleasure or emotional reasons that have nothing to do with whether they are ultimately positive or negative for their selfish needs.

• Tim

I suppose you think it is cool to date married mothers?

• Bill
      1 month agoReport

You can't be forced to pay child support if you have sex with married women. 

I’d doubt that considering that some of those single mothers are rather beautiful, to some men.