Christians: When Jesus was praying to God, was he praying to the Father OR the triune God which he himself is a part of?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Jesus was praying to the Father, just as the Gospels state.

• 4 weeks ago

He wasn't praying to the NON entity the Holy Spirit, that's for sure.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

To the Father. The Bible makes that perfectly clear.

• Barney
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Jesus is NOT part of a triune God!  He is not equal to almighty God but rather worships God the Father just as we do as his own words at John 20:17 show;

'‘I am ascending to MY FATHER and your Father and to MY GOD and your God.’”Obviously, he was praying to his father and God, Jehovah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

To the Father... Jesus is a distinct and separate human aspect or form of the triune deity that has been revealed to us through the scriptures. The one and only living God is greater than we can and probably will ever comprehend. We use the term "Trinity" to more easily convey the concept.

• 4 weeks ago

That is like asking if you talk to someone, are you talking to their ears or to all the parts of them.  If you are talking to the Father, then you are talking to the triune God.  

• 4 weeks ago

It AMAZING that so many adults can't handle a concept that our elementary-school-age children understand.  

God = Father + Son + Holy Spirit

God the Son spoke to God the Father.  Got it now?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 4 weeks ago

He was praying to the Father

Source(s): Duh?!
  • 4 weeks ago

Generally, when Jesus prays in the Bible, he addresses those prayers to "Father".

• 4 weeks ago

To God.  I believe the Bible, since it explains that they’re one in purpose, not being.

• Peter
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Jess, quite correct, the Bible does explain it quite clearly, but sadly, the it goes over the heads of most folk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.