AK asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

what is this feeling called?

i dont know what it is

but i want to lie down in an open space in the middle of nowhere, like a hilly field with flowers, or a desert, and just lay there and feel the wind and see the night sky 

and forget about everything and lay there eternally

• Faithe
    Best Answer

Until the last word in your update I would have simply said the word is "urge" - you have the urge to do that - and that it's a normal, wonderful urge that many people (including I) share.

But to want to lay there "forever"?  That sounds like depression.

The good news is, your mind - your soul - still has the urge for beauty rather than darkness, so there is a lot of hope for you.  

If there is one or more specific problems causing you to feel this way, do whatever it takes to take care of the problems.  (Since I have no idea whatsoever what those problems are, I'll give examples:  If you're having problems in school, hire a tutor; if you're having problems in your marriage, both of you should wake up each day planning one good thing you could do or say for/to the other, and if that doesn't work, ,see a marriage counselor.  If you hate your job, start looking for a new one.)  If working on the problem doesn't work, or if there are no identifiable problems but you just feel awful, definitely see a psychologist/psychiatrist - and if you don't see results from that person, go to another.

I feel hope in you!  You'll get through this!  It's not important what the feeling is called; it's important you allow yourself time in that flowery field but that you get yourself up out of it after a visit and work to make the rest of your life as much like a flowery field as it can be.

Because you want to stay there forever, it sounds like depression.

But as the previous person said there is still a hope for beauty in your mind. Which means there is still hope for you.

Source(s): stay strong angel and your demons will learn to fear you

It's called peace, you want to be free, to feel free, to relax, to go to a happy place and just feel the world around you and let go of your worries for a moment. I'd love to do this too.

• RockIt

I have consciously experienced this many times.  

I call it losing my ego.

I am relaxed, emotionally naked and vulnerable yet at peace with the world, smiling, sometimes feeling outside my body, and then it arrives, it feels like being 3 or 4 years old as I actually knew and experienced it, innocent, shameless, ego less.

Be careful about making any big decisions in the day or two following.

It's called "day dreaming."

I feel the same way I think it has something that might be constraining you

• Petter

Feeling of freedom?