Is the way I act at work good? Or do you think I'm too much of a pushover?

Examples of things I do:

-I've never complained towards my boss about anything

-If my boss ever asks me to do a task I always say 'yes'

-sometimes I offer to work extra hours for free

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I would say you behave professionally and maturely! However, you really shouldn't be offering to work extra hours for free, because I can assure you the company will begin milking it for all its worth, never do that!

I sometimes will come in early before my shift starts (without getting paid), but really its for my own benefit, not the companies! I say this because working in a restaurant as a dishwasher, they pile up, and people there are lazy ***** during the day, so me coming an 45-60 mins early allows me to get out on time, as opposed to sticking around an extra hour after close.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Doing what your asked to do is good, but it's illegal for your boss to even LET you work for free.

• 3 weeks ago

It's "normal" to not complain & to do any task you are asked to do without question. So yes you are a normal employee. Working free is actually illegal.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Don't EVER offer to work extra hours for free. For one thing, it's illegal for your employer not to pay you for all the hours you work. You could get the company in a lot of trouble. If you say yes all the time, they will expect you to say yes every time and that could become problematic if at some point you are unable to do as they ask.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

If an employer asks you to work more hours they have to pay you. You should not be making such an offer in the first place.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You should stop cashing your paychecks. Work for free.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Is your name Dwight K. Shrute ?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes Im sure but not sure. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.