Do I need to get an ESTA if I’m an American Citizen?

I am a US citizen traveling to Australia and New Zealand this December. I have ESTA/ETA ‘s for Australia and New Zealand. Do I need to have one for the United States as well?

3 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    If you're entering the US on a US passport you need no additional documentation (except the customs form you'll be provided on the plane).

  • 1 month ago

    All you need to return to the USA is your US passport. 

    You should get travel medical insurance unless your home medical insurance overs you while abroad (it probably does not). 

  • 1 month ago

    Obviously you don't need an ESTA to return to the US as a US citizen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.