melanie asked in TravelCaribbeanBahamas · 3 months ago

Bahamas Vacation: To those who have been, which resort is better, Atlantis or RIU?

So me and my friend are going to the Bahamas in the summer. We are torn between going to Atlantis or RIU. I love that RIU is all inclusive so I wouldn’t have to worry about paying for any food or drinks, but I would also love to stay at Atlantis because it is gorgeous and there is so much to do. Does anyone who has been to both have any input? Thanks 

Atlantis is over rated and over priced!

• AJ

Stopped by Atlantis to check it out and have dinner and play in the casino a bit. Prices are extremely high at Atlantis, even its buffet was over $35pp.

but honestly, I'd probably not ever go back. Prices are way too high. I get a better bang for the buck by going to Mexico.

While I haven't been to either, I thought I would throw out some advice. From my standpoint, I love all-inclusive vacations when doing a beach/relaxing type vacation. When I am buying food and drinks a la carte, I tend to analyze and worry about the expenses (like I will order a dinner that is $3 cheaper simply because it cheaper even though it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things) which puts a slight damper on my vacation enjoyment. I tend to drink and eat a lot also which usually means the all-inclusive isn't that much more expensive (or could even be substantially cheaper).

Also, you would be near the Atlantis, I imagine you could do most of the activities there even though you aren't a guest (not 100% sure of that).