It's the end of an era! Days of Our Lives has been cancelled! Say it ain't so! Does this news come as a big shock to you? Did you see this?

coming? I guess this doesn't surprise me. Daytime T.V. has become nothing but feminazism, sexism and hatred against males! No wonder there is almost no audience for this kind of garbage anymore. "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives!"

• 6 days ago

hahahahaha i think all soaps should be concealed cause they are immorally trash

No, it's not a shock. Everything eventually comes to an end.

yeah it is sad but now they are ruining it to the point of stupidity....ick ugh its not the same anymore...

It hasn't been cancelled-

The show is going on an "indefinite hiatus", due to budget reasons and because the show tapes so far ahead (currently 8 months ahead), and also they want to focus on re-newing the show. 

Because the hiatus is longer than 13 weeks (13 weeks is the max length of a cycle contract) NBC thought it would be ideal to release the entire cast from their contracts, so they can find temporary work while the show is on hiatus. Right now, both Corday and Sony/NBC want to see the show continue on, and both sides are planning on it being re-upped in 2020 for at least another year. 

The problem that will occur however, because of the length of the layoff and nobody having a contract, is not all of the cast will be coming back in 2020, some will, some characters will be axed, some will be re-cast. 

I think however, this is days "swan song", I think 2020 will be there last year on air, but I could see it going digitial, on NBC streaming site.

not much you can do,but maybe you can tape your favorite episodes

• EddieJ

Will the hourglass be put in the Smithsonian?

The article that I saw said it wasn't canceled but was going on an indefinite hiatus.

They shoot 8 months ahead of broadcast.