Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

I have a relative who eloped recently. What would be a good basic wedding gift for this couple in their early 30s?

There’s no wedding registry or anything but I thought I would get a little wedding gift. They eloped due to family stuff in both their families and so there was no wedding or anything like that. They’re going to be in town over Christmas.

Best Answer

Possibly something practical and no frills. A great gift that comes to mind is a gift card to a home/furniture store. People always need stuff for their homes, especially newly weds.

Get them a first Christmas together ornament

I agree with if they own a home start with gift cards to Home Depot and Macy's.  

It depends upon how well you know them and their likes and dislikes, of course. When in doubt, however tacky it may seem , a gift card is always appreciated. If you want to go bigger, pay for a night in a lovely hotel and setting. 

Nothing. Dont waste your money

• Kelly

An elopement is a wedding.

Anyway, a gift card, gift basket, an overnight stay at a B&B.  If they're into sports tickets to a game, concert, etc  

Ideally something they can do/use together.

If they eloped then they had a wedding.

I would buy them a fancy bottle of champagne/wine if they like that sort of thing. Or a gift card to a nice local restaurant.

If they’ve got a new home then you could send a gift card to Home Depot, Target, or Macy’s.

• Susie

A special Christmas tree ornament, a houseplant, a bottle of wine, a gift card to a restaurant or the theater,  along with your wishes for a happy life together.