What could be the problem?

I start my motorcycle. Whenever I switch on the signal lights it looses power as the lights blinks. Even causing the motorcycle itself to shut off at times.

You have a direct short in the switch.

• Ray J

Exact same thing happened to me.  I needed a new battery.

so don't use turn signals , take a ride about 5 miles and note if any other problems . depending on ACTUAL motorcycle, symptoms strongly suggest a short in wiring to turn signals, maybe relay to switch wire has been rubbed to metal. some Honda models had wire loom at neck that would be rubbed bare and turn signal was common for the intermittant failures. Triumph with american light sets early 1970s had some similar failures. Tape looms at the neck area where they'd be at risk from turning and the under the rear fender area by tailights was cure, what I had to do with little CM400 trainer after riding awhile with passenger, back tire rubbing loom. First thing to check is turn signal circuit since that is the system giving symptoms of current failure, possible short

And the usual essential info is missing: Type of battery: wet lead-acid? AGM? LiFePO4? Resting voltage? Charging voltage? Wow. A digital voltmeter has two (2) leads which go onto the two (2) battery posts. Like, it's so complicated to match two (2) things onto two (2) other things. Like totally wow, dude.

• AGM and "wet" lead acid are still Lead-Acid. Just AGM lasts longer.

• adam

first of all you didnt mention make and model. I highly doubt its the stator. It takes a lot to ruin one. Regulator rectifier could be the issue. Also how old is the battery? And before you go thinking component I would look at all wiring connections making sure they are clean and tight. 

Your charging system is weak and cannot meet the electrical demands your bike require. Have it tested.

It's most likely the regulator/rectifier, but might be the alternator.

• Lv 5

I've notice, Tim. Weren't magnitos abandoned in favour of dynamos which in turn were superceded by alternators circa +/-1970? 

The stator or the rectifier is going bad

• Road warrior

And, ruin boards by assuming its the IC, and poor desoldering techniques. Not Guesswork or  for the amateur. Ive successfully fixed electrical on several MCs and Cages