frank
frank asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 weeks ago

Computers: How can I get rid of something that was down loaded into my PC.?

It is slowing down my computer. I can delete it, but it comes back.

Can you explain it in simple language?

• keerok
    Best Answer

You're not deleting the source. There's another file in some folder that's making copies. Find that out and kill it.

• frank
      3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, McAfee took care of it. It was Driver Support.

You need to specify what the "thing" is that you are trying to remove.

IS IT A FILE? > Right-click it, move it to the trash, and empty the trash.

IS IT A PROGRAM? > Right-click the shortcut icon, move it to the trash, and empty the trash. Then uninstall the program. You can probably do this by going to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, if you're on Windows.

IS IT YOUR INTERNET HISTORY? > Go into your web browser (likely Internet Explorer). Find your Favorites and click History. Delete EVERYTHING, including cookies. 

IS IT A FAULTY FLUX CAPACITOR? > This is a rare issue that can only be solved by deleting system32. This is a VERY advanced procedure, so I do not recommend you attempt it.

• don r

Last time I had that problem, I uninstalled the mess with ccleaner, cleaned the registry with ccleaner, then went into the computer registry and searched keys that still were left behind there and deleted those. I had a qualified tech show me that. It is quite risky to fool around in the registry, he warned me, and don't try it without a technician's help. That ended the problem and the troublesome program stopped haunting my computer.

Go to “control panel” then to the programs list then right click on it and hit uninstall.

Just like you installed it uninstall it

Source(s): Common sense

There is no simple answer for this question. Slow PCs can be a lot of different things, but since you described you had downloaded something and then it started to be slow can indicate you have a virus. 

I'm guessing you do not have an Antivirus software on your computer. If you do you need to run it which will help fix your PC. Although, not all antivirus's get it all clean. If that is the case you can download and use Malwarebytes. It is a great tool for removing malware, adware and whatever malicious software. 

Here is the link to download it (yes, it's another download, but it's worth it) Feel free to do your research on any downloaded software before installing it. 

Malwarebytes:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/ You want to download the Home Free version. 

After you have downloaded and install the tool. To make sure you get a good clean scan and removal. Reboot your PC into Safe mode with Networking. Once you have it in safe mode. Run the tool. This will clean up your PC from any malicious software you may have. 

Restart Into Safe Mode with Networking:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/win...

To boot into safe mode here is instructions on how to. Make sure after your device restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select option 5 from the list or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

After you feel the PC is clean of viruses and any other bad software. Please make sure you buy an antivirus. Free is good, but they are not great. I hope this helps. 

Good luck

-Steve

I suspect you've deleted it, or part of it, rather than properly uninstalled it, so part is left behind. When it comes back, uninstall it this time.  For what it's worth, Iobit do a free uninstaller which is actually better thin the one Windows provides 

None of the answers that I have read, so far make sense to me. If you are willing to give me more information then maybe I can help you.

There are two ways that I know of to delete something from a computer. One way is sort of easy to explain, and understand, but not the other way.

I am sorry, but the language won't be simple to understand, for both ways that I know of.

If you were to tell me how you are deleting what was downloaded, and what you are using then I can probably explain how to properly delete what you have, and you might not see it again.

If one of my ways doesn't solve your problem then the other way that I know of will solve your problem, but like I said before both ways won't be simple to understand.

• frank
      4 weeks agoReport

I subscribed to DRIVER SUPPORT, and then discontinued them. I can delete their down load, but it comes back after I leave it. Here I can only write ONE comment of 300 words. I apologize. I can reply to you, but this comment may disappear. Sorry.

• .

a good virus eradicator will do the job.

maybe you can take it to a computer store and have them do it