a asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 4 weeks ago

How can we achieve light speed?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

jump in to a black hole.

• 4 weeks ago

Can't.  If we attempt to accelerate up to that speed we would reach a point where we can no longer accelerate because our inertia would be so great that all the force available in the universe would be insufficient for further acceleration.

Those who cite wormholes as a means for light speed are mistaken.  According to Hawking, worm holes, if we could predict or make them, and they were large enough, would be inherently unstable.  They would self-destruct from positive feedback of the ambient energy around each end of the hole.

If the holes could be created large enough and controlled though, we could take a short cut from point A to point B in space and effectively travel faster than light from A to B going through normal space.  Here's how.

It would be like we cut across the diameter of a circle (e.g., the wormhole) to go from A to B on the circumference of that circle.  And we all know that C = pi D; which means normal space speed would be dC/dT = pi dD/dT or a factor of pi faster than what we do by taking that shortcut.

• goring
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

if we move with the earth relative to the center of mass of our Galaxy we can move physically in space at one tenth of a percent of the speed of light.

Inside an hydrogen atom the electron loses mass as it goes into a smaller orbit. It loses mass  which causes it to move faster and can approach the speed of light as it orbital speed limit.

If Humans would physically move at the speed of light they would disintegrate into individual massive particle of light.

However if one dies his Soul would have to move faster than the speed of light  to go to Heaven in time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You would need to be massless. The only thing we can do is travel faster than the speed of light. We can travel faster by traveling through a wormhole. 

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

If we could control and create a sufficiently large wormhole (we can't) if we were to travel near the speed of light through that hole and take a short cut through normal space, we'd effectively be going at or above light speed through normal space.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

after separating from our mass...

What would be the point? To reach another solar-system we'd need to go hundreds or thousands of times as fast as light  (worp-speed)

• 4 weeks ago

I have a device here at home that achieves light speed at the touch of a button.  It is called a "Torch"

• BJJ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In a  De Lorean at 88mph 

• 4 weeks ago

I just changed the definition of light speed to 55 mph.

• Dimple
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I’ve already achieved ludicrous speed because light speed is too slow for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7VWcuVOf0

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.