How to sue a Facebook fan page group?

Hi guys, recently I got banned from a Facebook fan page after someone took one of my photos of my without permission, because I started complaining when someone sharing my photo without permission and the admins unreasonably banned me from the Facebook group even though I was not even cursing at them! The admins did not even ask me for my permission to use my picture for their profile page, although I truly am the original owner, I was playing RFS Real Flight Simulator, flying an American Eagle Airlines SAAB 340 from Seattle to Los Angeles. The admins decided to take my picture without my permission and then I got banned from it! I was playing a flight simulator game when I snapped this photo that the group used as it’s profile picture.

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Although its Wrong what they did I dont think you can Sue a Facebook Page Group over that

• Dave
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Being on FB for 9+ years doesn't mean you know how it works. Pictures are public domain once posted to FB. That is a fact.

• 4 weeks ago

As you told Facebook group admin have used your picture without permission, So this is your fault because nobody can get permission to use anybody profile. You have copyright the image and use watermark to prevent it. Forget all the things and think about the future. 

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

The picture you posted is public and belongs to the group you were banned from. You have no grounds to sue anyone at all, so just let it go.

• 4 weeks ago

If you posted the picture to begin with, then you don't have any grounds to sue at all. That's public now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You can barely get a hold of them so good luck on that

• Dave
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No one needs your permission to take a photo and use it from Facebook. The second you post it, you've given up any legal claim to it's ownership. At that point, FB owns it. That's how FB works. If you don't like it, stop using FB.

• 1 month ago

I don't think you'd want to waste $100/ hour on a lawyer just to get your photo taken down. Maybe contact Facebook itself, like submitting a complaint.

• I keep getting notifications in the messenger inbox but when I click on it I can't see it and it says that I have to sign in

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

LMFAO! Get over it.

ETA: I'm not stupid enough to post a picture of me naked on a public website. It's a screenshot of you playing a video game....get over it.

• Charly Dat1 month agoReport

How would you get over if someone else takes your picture of you being taking a shower with no clothes on?! How would you feel?!

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

And you think that a judge wants to waste their time with this????? What are your losses? You plan to pay a lawyer for this???

Who would pay if you won?  A Facebook page is not a business entity.  They do not have monetary assets.

Get a life kid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.