Anonymous

how do i get vaccinated without my parents knowing?

so im a female and i'll be 14 in a few days and i really want to get vaccinated but my parents think that their bad (their not) btw i live in utah if that helps

By not telling them............

• Jim

I don't think you can. I admire you for wanting to do this. Your parents are uninformed. Ask them if they were vaccinated. 

I'm right here with you in Utah. As a seasoned mom and nurse, I applaud your efforts in seeking answers to your dilemma.  I want you to call your local health dept. and ask to speak to the nurse over "Immunizations".  First ask him/her not to say anything to your parents right now.  If the nurse will give them to you, tell her you have no money and see what she will do for you ok?

Good luck sweet girl.

• Roddy

You are very sensible to want to get yourself protected against dangerous (and sometimes deadly) infections. I presume thet the vaccine you most want is against HPV, but there are many others that you should have got as a baby or young chld that you can catch up on.

As another respondant has indicated, you may not be able to get vaccinated without parental consent in Utah at your age, but you might not have to wait until you are 18 - your state may give minors rights at 16 (as is the case in Britain).

If there are any youth sexual advice clinics in your area than visit one and ask about the HPV vaccination as they may be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction.

Remember though that in the USA most vaccinations have to be paid for. Many (including HPV) require two or three separate visits and injections.

not much you can do unless its illegal not to vaccinate, or you might have to wait till youre 18

You can't.............

Unfortunately there are only 9 states that allow minors to get vaccinated without parental consent and Utah is not one of them.  Idaho is one however.

Have you tried gathering all the positive evidence about vaccinations and those that show that anti-vax are myths and presenting to your parents?